iLaw’s Blockchain and Cryptocurrency practice encompasses commercial, regulatory and contentious issues. Our clients include leading cryptocurrency exchanges, start-ups, traders, investors and globally renowned developers of leading decentralised computing platforms and applications.
iLaw currently acts on behalf of several senior executives in federal and regulatory investigations surrounding a major cryptocurrency exchange.
We have specialist expertise in:
- The complex and evolving legal and regulatory environment surrounding cryptocurrencies and digital assets
- Regulatory investigations involving allegations of price and market manipulation, fraud, spoofing, wash sales and other forms of market abuse
- Litigation, including freezing injunctions, digital asset tracing and recovery, both in the UK and offshore
- Data protection and privacy issues
- Company incorporation, financing and shareholder agreements
- Advising angel investors in seed-stage and later stage financing
- Technology development
- Joint ventures including research and collaboration agreements
- Intellectual property
- Creating and issuing tokens, and digitizing assets
As one of the co-founding firms of ICLA (International Commercial Law Alliance) iLaw has excellent connections with many firms in leading jurisdictions in the blockchain and crypto world.
For assistance in this area, please contact:
News and Press Releases
- 4 October 2019: Allan’s SCL Masterclass
- 12 November 2019: Tom’s speaking engagement at the 8th Annual OffshoreAlert Conference Europe: ‘Busting the Blockchain: How to Trace & Seize Virtual Assets & Evaluate Risk in a Pseudo-Anonymous World’
- 17 September 2019: Tom’s speaking engagement at the OffshoreAlert Conference Latin America
- Are Smart Contracts The Future?