Allan joined iLaw in 2019 from another prominent London law firm, where he acted on a wide range of commercial litigation matters.
He works with clients ranging from individuals through to large private and AIM-listed companies working in a variety of industries including aviation, energy, fashion and retail, finance and publishing.
Previously listed as a recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 guide, Allan has experience assisting with disputes concerning contracts, intellectual property, company directors/shareholders and defamation.
Prior to training as a solicitor, he enjoyed a career in the media and spent six years working at BBC Radio in London.
More recently Allan has developed an interest and expertise in blockchain and cryptocurrency platforms and technology and is currently advising on several international matters.
Disputes on which Allan has advised include:
- A claim for rectification of an aviation fuel sales agreement against a multinational oil company (AML Global Ltd v ExxonMobil Petroleum & Chemical BVBA  EWHC 3321 (TCC))
- Advising a fashion marketing agency in a claim for enforcement of personal guarantee (Four Marketing Ltd v Bradshaw  EWHC 3292)
- Defending High Court proceedings issued by an energy company for breach of confidence and misuse of confidential information.
- Issuing a High Court claim on behalf of an investment management company against a private equity fund in Luxembourg for non-payment of redemption fees under an investment agreement.
- Advising an investment company over unpaid fees of £1.2 million for providing corporate advice and fund raising in relation to the planned acquisition of a major UK retailer.
- Advising a publisher in a claim for trade mark infringement and breach of copyright brought by a TV production company.
Allan is a proud member of the Commercial Litigation Association, London Solicitors Litigation Association and Society for Computers and Law.