The following examples give a flavour of iLaw’s recent experience:
Technology, media and telecoms
- Advising the world’s leading mobile telecoms provider on a deal to provide voice and data telephony services to one of the world’s largest IT groups across 12 jurisdictions
- Advising a major healthcare provider in relation to a variety of technology, telecoms and procurement contracts in the context of its £300m contract to provide mobile diagnostic services
- Advising a leading provider of information and services to the motor trade and insurance industry on a significant product development teaming agreement with a well-known publisher as well on high value data supply and managed service agreements with major insurers
- Advising a PLC in the facilities management sector on data protection compliance in the context of its implementation of a new CRM system throughout its group
- Advising a specialist software developer on a £3m development and outsourcing contract with BT plc
- Advising Dragons Den stars on their investments from the series, including Ploughcroft and Boginabag
- Advising a Spanish company on the acquisition of a company in the North of England
- Advising an entrepreneur on the acquisition of a recruitment company in Southern England
- Advising the owners of a market-leading software development company on the sale of the company to a US-based entrepreneur, with extensive negotiation of earn-out provisions
- Advising a quoted telecoms company on its acquisition of a related business
- Advising on the purchase of a 40% shareholding in a leading brand and digital media agency
- Advising on the restructuring of a search engine and related services group
- Advising a Dutch listed sofware group on its acquisition of a software and services company in the north of England
- Defending 9 corporate defendants in the largest UK litigation of 2012, JSC BTA Bank v Mukhtar Ablyazov.
- Representing a dealer in claims by and against one of the largest mobile network operators and successfully obtaining an injunction on its behalf.
- Advising a well-known Russian TV presenter in a High Court defamation claim brought by a former Russian senator.
- Bringing successful arbitration proceedings on behalf of an IT benchmarking company against the UK Government.
- Obtaining a million dollar High Court judgment for a UK software supplier against a US company and enforcing the award in the Supreme Court of New York.